Daily Bilble Verse

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Labor Pains of Adoption

Today I was listening to K-Love and heard something that really made me think about our adoption journey and the emotional ups and downs that we experience with adoption. Think about what Jesus went through so that we could be adopted into God’s family. He paid the ultimate price and endured dying so that we could have eternal life. He loves us so much that He was willing to go through it so that we could receive the beautiful gift of salvation and be a son or daughter of God.

What are we willing to endure throughout the adoption process to ultimately receive the beautiful gift of a baby or child? I really had to think about this and realized that the emotional aspects of adopting are our labor pains. We fall in love with a baby or child who we haven’t even met but yet are willing to endure a mountain of paperwork, background checks, levels of approval and waiting and more waiting not knowing when your gift will arrive. This doesn’t even compare to what Jesus has done for us.

My prayer:
Dear Lord,
Thank you so much for the price you paid for me to have eternal life. I will be forever grateful that you endured so much pain and ultimately death so that I could be adopted into God’s family. I promise to not let the enemy steal my joy as I wait for your gift, Katelin Hope. I will endure waiting as you endured much more than I could ever imagine! I love you with all my heart and thank you for guiding me through this crazy and exciting life!
Amen

Today I celebrate that Jesus rose again and is alive!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Joyce. I needed to hear these words this morning.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete