Daily Bilble Verse

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Brief History of our Adoption Story

Jeff and I have been married for 18 years. When we were first married we wanted to start our family. We tried to conceive a baby for seven years with no success so we decided to seak medical help. We were devastated after finding out we could not conceive children. One night I had a dream that an Asian family was looking for someone to adopt a one year old baby who’s mother passed away. Shortly after the dream, a co-worker brought me an article about a reunion of Chinese adopted children to be held at Seaworld. I immediately called the number listed and attended an information meeting about adopting from China. There were two beautiful babies at the meeting who just came home. I instantly fell in love and don’t even remember what was said at the meeting. I just knew that God was calling us to adopt from China. I remember getting into the car and looking at Jeff and said “I don’t know how we are going to pay for this but I know God is calling us to adopt from China". We stepped out in faith and submitted our application. A month after that, the company I worked for had a huge layoff and promoted me to "Call Center Manager" with a $1000 a month raise and this is what paid for our adoption. A year and half later, we flew to China to pick up our baby girl Myellie. She was the most beautiful and perfect baby I had ever seen and we knew without a doubt that she was our gift from God. Three years later God blessed us with another baby girl from China, Karlie. I call her my little me because she and I are cut from the same piece of cloth. My heart still longed for more children and our family didn't seem complete. We searched and prayed and four years later after pursuing many narrow paths, God lead us to His Hands, Taiwan. We are so blessed and thankful that God is allowing us to adopt again. We are excited about His plan for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment